Every once in a while Turfhugger asks an industry expert to contribute a post to the site. Miklos Breitner is an online marketing specialists with a deep passion for business and golf. Be sure to visit his blog Golf Business Monitor or his LinkedIn profile to learn more from Miklos.
I was reading one of Golf Business Development's edition about a non-profit organization called Golf Environment Organisation(GEO). They claim about themselves that they are an international non-profit organization working to integrate the social, environmental and economic benefits of golf. Their 3 major aims are:
- Strengthen the Golf Industry;
- Enhance and enrich environment;
- Encourage sustainable lifestyle. (e.g. facilitating informed golf tourism, providing inspiration, and utilizing golf's influence)
- Would it make any difference to golf players if they know/aware of this certificate?
- How this will influence green fees?
- Can I expect more golf players in my golf club or not?
- Can I reduce operating costs? If yes, how much (%)?